Supreme Court of Vermont
The Vermont Supreme Court consists of the Chief Justice and four Associate Justices. The court
* Hears final appeals from all cases originating in state courts and from certain administrative agency proceedings,
* Establishes rules of civil, criminal, family and appellate procedure,
* Administers the court system,
* Admits attorneys to practice,
* Serves as the disciplinary authority for all judicial officers and attorneys.
The Supreme Court has appellate jurisdiction. There is no intermediate court in Vermont. In special types of cases, the Supreme Court has original or exclusive jurisdiction.