Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Vermont Civil Legal Resources by County: Washington

This guide is for Vermont residents who are seeking assistance with civil legal issues.

Directory of civil legal resources in Washington County, Vermont

Unsure which organization to contact? Use the flowchart below.

Type of Issue Organization Contact
Environmental Law Environment and Natural Resources Law Clinic (ENRLC) Call 802-831-1630, Email
Unlawful Discrimination Vermont Human Rights Commission Call 802-828-2480
Consumer Complaint Consumer Protection Division at the Vermont Attorney General's Office Call 1-800-649-2424
Health Care  Office of the Health Care Advocate Call 1-800-917-9987
Disability Disability Rights Vermont Call 1-800-834-7890
Veteran or Immigration South Royalton Legal Clinic Call 802-831-1500, Email
Rent Escrow Hearing Legal Clinic by Vermont Legal Aid An attorney might be available at the courthouse. Call (802) 828-2091
Domestic Violence

VT Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence

Call 802-223-1302, Visit

Various Issues Legal Services Vermont & Vermont Legal Aid Call 1-800-889-2047, Visit
Various Issues Vermont Free Legal Answers Visit
Various Issues Vermont Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service Call 1-800-639-7036; Visit
Various Issues Vermont Bar Association Modest Means Program  Complete the Modest Means program assessment

Flowchart: finding civil legal resources in Washington County, Vermont