Most library e-journals & databases are restricted to use on campus, or use off-campus only by current VLS faculty, staff, and students. To access databases off campus, go to the list of library dabatases, then enter your VLS username and password.
If you experience any problems accessing databases off campus, try below troubleshooting tips:
- Try use a different browser. (Chrome usually works better!)
- If you are using computers from your internship or workplace -- Corporate firewalls could possibly block users from accessing electronic resources. Suggest to your IT/ network administrator create an exception for https://stevens.vermontlaw.edu.
- If the above solution does not work, try adding the full URL to the firewall exception. (Right click on the database name on library database page to copy the URL).
- Getting an EZProxy Hostname error? This could indicate a source needs to be added to the VLS Library's database configuration file. Please alert library staff.
- Still having trouble? Email us. (A screenshot of the error page will be very helpful!)
- Databases that require a separate login that is different from your VLS login: Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, NYTimes.com. (Need a password? Contact Chenfang.)