Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Most library e-journals & databases are restricted to use on campus, or use off-campus only by current VLS faculty, staff, and students. To access databases off campus, go to the list of library dabatases, then enter your VLS login and password.
If you experience any problems accessing databases off campus, try below troubleshooting tips:
- Try using a different browser. (Chrome usually works better!)
- If you are using computers from your internship or workplace -- Corporate firewalls could possibly block users from accessing electronic resources. Suggest to your IT/ network administrator create an exception for https://login.vermontlaw.idm.oclc.org/login?url=.
- If the above solution does not work, try adding the full URL to the firewall exception. (Right click on the database name on library database page to copy the URL).
- Getting an EZProxy Hostname error? This could indicate a source needs to be added to the VLS Library's database configuration file. Please alert library staff.
- Still having trouble? Email us. (A screenshot of the error page will be very helpful!)
- Databases that require a separate login that is different from your VLS login: Westlaw, Lexis+, NYTimes.com. (Need a password? Send an email to Sarah Scully)
Contact the VLS Help Desk with questions about:
- Your VLS email and password.
- CampusWeb login.
- Printers at VLS.
- Compatibility with your particular hardware/operating system/firewall setup.
- Other technical questions relating to these configurations.
Contact email@example.com for problems with a particular database, e-journal, or other library resources.
Electronic Resources & Technology Librarian